|Cueva del Gato is located on the road from Benaojan to Ronda. It is a small cave with a waterfall a short walk from the main road with a small lake.|
* On the Ronda road at km 35 there is a white house and a small spring where you can stop and fill up your bottles with fresh water from the mountains
* The best time to go is during the week as on the week-end the spanish families come here and it can get pretty crowded. Also there are many motorbikes which overtake you in the curves and might be dangerous.
* From here you can drive through Benoajan and continue to the Cueva de Pileta (you will have to make a previous appointment however)
* Continue towards Jimera de Libar, Atajate and Algatocin. Make a stop in Algatocin and then you can either continue down to a ) Gaucin and Casares b) Jubrique and Estepona
A) Gaucin is a small artist white village and Casares is probably the most photographed and pituresque white village. From Casares you can drive to Estepona or head towards Manilva and end up at the port of Duquesa
B) in Jubrique there is a Camping San Juan where you can have some BBQ meat, otherwise this stretch is very tedious as it is extremely winding roads. You will eventually come to a T-juntion where you turn left to Estepona or you can drive straight ahead to the "Refugio of Estepona" of the Sierra Bermeja.
* we left San Pedro at 12.30h and could have made the appointment for the Cueva de Pileta at 16h or 17h. But we were first back in Estepona at 20h.